Your Gift Matters
Thank you for partnering with us!
We welcome gifts and bequests to support our ministry in providing quality Christian care.
Gifts to Edison Christian Life Services help meet current needs for residents who have exhausted their resources. Gifts are also used for capital improvements, equipment and programming.
Gifts to the Edison Christian Foundation are invested in an endowment fund which returns the earnings to the Home for ongoing resident needs, ensuring our ability to continue to provide care for current and future residents.
How to Give
Edison Christian Life Services and the Edison Christian Foundation are both licensed 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations. Gifts are tax-deductible as donations for federal income tax purposes and bequests are deductible for estate tax purposes.
Contributions can be made by cash, check or money order payable to Edison Christian Life Services or the Edison Christian Foundation and sent to 1000 Edison Avenue NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504.
Gifts may also take the form of appreciated assets, life insurance, gift annuities, charitable trusts or bequests. Gifts can be designated for benevolent care, specific projects or as a memorial or tribute gift. Your contribution is always appreciated and will be used to the benefit of our residents.
Michigan Charitable Contributions Solicitation License Numbers:
Edison Christian Life Services – MICS 6594
Edison Christian Foundation – MICS 8956
We seek God’s continuing guidance to meet the needs of our residents. Please remember the needs of our residents and their families, our staff and our volunteers in your prayers. Your prayer support is deeply appreciated.
Giving through a Donor-Advised Fund
"Barnabas...owned a tract of land, sold it and brought the money and laid it at the apostles' feet."
Inspired by Barnabas and this act of love and gratitude, a small group of professionals formed the Barnabas Foundation over a quarter of a century ago. Several hundred Christian member organizations now support and rely on the foundation for planned giving expertise.
Just as Barnabas used the assets he had to further God’s work, today Barnabas Foundation helps Christian donors give to ministries that are important to them. It advances God’s kingdom by offering quality planned giving and estate planning services.
The professional staff works with member organizations and their donors, to complete complicated and unique gifts. The foundation also acts as a giving channel to the donor’s favorite charities and provides Trustee services for Charitable Trusts.Learn More
Visited mother and father almost every day, always clean. The workers are kind and treated people like they were their own family. I always had the peace of mind that my parents had the best of care.
Edison Christian cared for our aging father. Dad passed away this past February but I have to say that the time he had at Edison Christian was a blessing. They loved and cared for Dad as though he were family. It's tough to see parents age but it gave us comfort knowing he was in good hands. Thank you Edison Christian.
[Edison Christian is] the best place for loved ones. They took such good care of my grandfather!
Our dad was a resident here for 6 years; wonderful staff, very caring. Thanks again for everything you did for him.
I feel that the care of my aunt is excellent. Staff seems to be very attentive to her needs. She is in a very challenging time of her life, but staff always seems to meet her with kindness and dignity. I feel very blessed to have a facility with the high standards of care reflecting the Christian love demonstrated by our Lord. Thank you for the great job!
Moving my 90-year-old mother there was a good decision. She receives the very best care at the home. All the employees are professional and compassionate. Questions are answered, problems are addressed, and my mother’s quality of life could not be better. We rest well knowing she is in good hands.
My mother’s family all are very satisfied with the superior quality care she receives. She is starting to forget things but the staff is always there to take care of her. The staff is very patient with her.
Volunteer Your Time
Volunteers contribute to the quality of care that residents receive in a variety of ways. Opportunities for volunteers include assisting with a variety of activities, folding laundry, feeding residents and serving on boards.
- Assist with manicures on Wednesday and Saturday afternoons.
- Assist with bingo on Saturday mornings.
- Lead a Bible Study on Tuesday afternoons.
- Lead a musical program as a group or individual– play the guitar, piano, violin, etc. or sing.
- Lead exercise class at Edison Assisted Living Center.
- Assist with craft class.
- Assist with activities on our memory loss unit.
- Lead a prayer group at Edison Assisted Living Center.
- Interested volunteers need to complete a volunteer application.
- Volunteers will be contacted based on current needs and availability.
- Volunteers must be at least 15 years of age or part of a school or social group, supervised by an adult or guardian (ie) girl or boy scouts, youth group. If the potential volunteer is a minor, the parent/guardian needs to grant permission to volunteer and must be present during the TB skin test (if required) and orientation.
- Once an agreement is made between the volunteer and the facility, references will be requested and contacted.
- A two-step TB skin test is required for all volunteers with direct resident contact. TB skin tests can be obtained, at no cost to the volunteer, at Edison Christian Life Services.
- Step one of the TB skin test must be completed prior to volunteer orientation.
- Volunteers must complete education and competency training upon their start date.
- Initial education includes a facility orientation and numerous policies, including handouts.
- Education and competency training is also done on a yearly basis, at minimum.
- Following orientation, education and competency, volunteers are paired with activity staff and/or trained volunteers to begin their volunteer experience with supervision.